RCOC to Begin Phase 1 Construction of Maple Rd From Haggerty to Halsted
BEVERYLY HILLS, MI The Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC) is widening and resurfacing Maple Road from Haggerty Road to Halsted Road in West Bloomfield Township, Michigan.
Contractor Dan's Excavating, of Shelby Township, Michigan, will close this section of Maple Road for westbound traffic. The detour for westbound traffic is 14 Mile Road. Throughout most of the project, Maple Road will remain open for eastbound traffic to ensure access to Henry Ford Hospital. However, there will be a short-term closure of the road for a culvert replacement. Dates for the closure will be announced.
Additionally, business and residential access will be maintained throughout the project. The second phase of the project - Maple Road from Halsted to Drake -- will begin in spring 2018. The approximately $5.5 million project is funded with a mix of federal and local dollars. Local funding is shared by RCOC and West Bloomfield Township.
The two-mile project includes:
· Rehabilitation and resurfacing of Maple Road from Haggerty Road to Drake Road
· Addition of a continuous center left-turn lane
· Right-turn-lane extensions in several areas
· Paved-shoulder widenings
· Some tree removal at the Halsted/Maple intersection
· Improved drainage
· Curb and gutter installation
· Culvert wing walls replacement
· Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant pedestrian crosswalks
Maple Road from Orchard Lake Road to Farmington Road in West Bloomfield Township - which has been under construction -- is expected to fully reopen to traffic prior to the closure of westbound Maple between Haggerty and Halsted.