MCA Announces Chairman's Award Winners in Texas
Architecture + Construction.
The Chairman's Awards go to the most exceptional buildings involving MCA member companies. The criteria include overall appearance, significance of metal in the project, innovative use of metal and the role of metal in achieving project objectives.
Winners in six categories were announced at MCA's Winter Meeting Awards Dinner in Palm Springs, California. The winners in Texas Contractor's area include:
Education - Colleges and Universities: The University of Texas at Dallas Engineering & Computer Science West - Richardson, Texas
- Building Owner: The University of Texas at Dallas
- MCA Member Manufacturer: PAC-CLAD
- Other Manufacturers: Kovach Building Enclosures (also installer), Ohio Gratings
- Architect: SmithGroup
- Contractor: The Beck Group
Institutional: Menil Drawing Institute - Houston, Texas
- Building Owner: The Menil Foundation
- MCA Member Company: PPG Industries
- Architect: Johnston Marklee
- Contractor: Gilbane Building Company