Six Lanes Now Open on I-15 Tech Corridor in Utah
LEHI, UT — The Utah Department of Transportation has opened six lanes in each direction through the I-15 Technology Corridor project, from S.R. 92 to Main Street in Lehi — the last section of I-15 to be widened to six lanes between Bangerter Highway and Orem. Construction on the $415-million project began in May 2018 and is on schedule for completion in late 2020.Rocky Mountain Construction Projects
- Eliminated a bottleneck by adding two lanes in each direction on I-15 between Lehi Main Street and Timpanogos Highway (S.R. 92).
- Replaced aging infrastructure with new pavement on I-15.
- Built 17 bridges, including a new bridge over I-15 at Triumph Boulevard.
- Improved local traffic flow for businesses and residents with a new one-way frontage road system between 2100 North and S.R. 92.
- Redesigned interchanges at S.R. 92 and 2100 North and added several new on- and off-ramps between the two interchanges.
- Built multi-use trail for pedestrians and cyclists (includes a new pedestrian bridge and tunnel, and connections to existing local and regional trails)
- Concrete barrier
- High-mast lighting
- Traffic cameras and fiber optic connections
- Noise walls
- Final pavement layer on Lehi Main Street bridge
- Pavement markings