ASCE Texas Legislative Drive-In Virtual “Dial-in”
Every other spring, we hold our ASCE Texas Legislative Drive-In program in Austin, concurrent with Texas Legislative Sessions. This intensive one-day program provides our members with an inside look at the public policy process.
Attend the ASCE Texas Legislative Drive-In and join us as we:
- Discuss engineering and infrastructure related issues within each specific legislative district,
- Educate legislators on ASCE’s state priorities and position on key infrastructure bills, and
- Increase the visibility of ASCE Texas Section – we are a group of civil engineers, leaders, and infrastructure experts.
At our inaugural 2017 event, 30 members visited over 50 senate and house offices, advocating for transportation, water, and water resources infrastructure as well as urging law makers to identify adequate funding. We followed that up with our second Drive-In in 2019, which was attended by almost 60 civil engineers from around the state.
Our Drive-In program includes:
- Meetings at the Capitol in Austin, Texas with your State Senator and Representative, or their staff
- Briefing sessions on key legislation and ASCE’s legislative priorities
- Training on lobbying and influencing your elected leaders
- Building relationships with your ASCE peers from across the state
- Tips on continuing relationships with your elected officials once you return home